Monday, September 1, 2014

Emily Gula - Class of 2015

I went into this session knowing that it was going to be fun.  I've known Emily for years now from church to school.  The many years I've known her, I've always seen her as someone with a big-heart who wants to do good for herself (and others) in life.








We started this session with Emily being her true self - a cheerleader.  We tried something new this time.  In the past we've used the gym, fully lit, and some other areas.  This time we tried lower lighting and some neat effects.  I attend my fair share of football and basketball games.  Emily is one of those cheerleaders that is spunky and vibrant on the sidelines.  She is a flyer, and I'm always amazed at the way she sticks her stunts, saves her stunts, or simply performs her stunts.  She has definitely got talent that she should be proud of!









We continued uptown after that and the outfit Emily chose was one of my favorites.  The heels made the outfit, and she looked all grown up, but adorable at the same time.  I know I've said this before, but I love downtown Streator.  I know that some may say it looks old and torn, but for picture purposes it's perfect.  It's rustic and unique - and the outfit Emily had on worked perfectly with the setting.










To finish the session, we went out to Engle Lane where Emily has spent a lot of her youth.  This was the first time anyone has asked to be photographed out here for me and I was so excited.  I've watched many shows out there but I've never been privileged enough to see behind the scenes (thank you Greg Tullis).  I could tell that is where Emily was most at home.   Her face lit up with every room we entered and she just seemed comfortable.  I remember seeing her in Aladdin last year and I was so impressed with her talent.










Emily also made sure to wear an SIUE sweater for a couple of the pics as her sister just left for college (they have a bond that's extremely close).  I also know that SIUE is one of Emily's top choices.



You may notice a theme throughout this blog.  Talent.  Emily is talented on the sidelines as a cheerleader.  She is talented on stage as a performer.  She is talented (intelligent) in the classroom.  She is someone that I have no doubts will go far.  Whatever it is that she chooses to do, I know she will do well.  How?  Because once she sets her mind to something - she works hard for it.







Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment