Friday, July 11, 2014

Reese Harper - A Newborn Session Full of Significance

When I first started this hobby, I really struggled with newborn photos.  While I’m still no expert, I’m finally getting the hang of it!  This session was exceptionally fun for me because it was full of significance.  Welcome to the world - Reese Harper Handzus.  













Lindsey brought many things with her to this shoot which made the creativity easier on my part.  What I loved about everything she brought is that it holds a very important significance to her and her family.  






The saddle - I love how content Reese is here!  The saddle is significant because it belonged to Lindsey’s stepmother.  She (her stepmother) rode using this saddle for many years.  Lindsey’s dad gave her the saddle and it’s something she will always hold dear to her since her stepmother’s passing.  







The jacket belonged to Lindsey’s grandmother.  I’m pretty sure we can all remember a jacket like this at some point in our lives - whether it’s something a grandparent or parent wore.  





The glove was given to Lindsey her sophomore year of high school.  Those of you who know Lindsey know that not only does she love softball, but she’s pretty dang good at it as well!  She still uses the glove to this day.  






The final significant piece is this blanket.  I LOVE the meaning behind this.  When Jake’s mom was pregnant with him, she was told throughout her pregnancy that she would be having a girl.  Jake….was supposed to be Jenna.  That’s why there are “girl” colors if you will in this blanket!  



Briggs is a great big brother!  He’s a ball of energy and I can only imagine how much he keeps Lindsey and Jake on their toes.  This session was a BLAST and I can’t want to see more of Briggs and Reese throughout the year!  









Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment