Friday, October 11, 2013

The Stash Family - and the Color of Red!

I met Dana and RJ almost 11 years ago before Bryan and I got married.  I remember RJ being full of personality, and although we may have lost touch over the years, it was good to see that not much has changed.  I got to meet Dana's side of the family for this shoot, and although she was worried, they all were very well-behaved!


Dana warned me when she arrived that her father wasn't too thrilled about these family photos.  That actually seems to be a recurring theme in the shoots I've had lately.  The girls are always ready to go - and the boys just go where they're told!  BUT - like a child with his blankie - her father brought Big Red to make him feel safe.  And I must admit - the family looked pretty good standing next to it!


To me, family is everything.  I grew up in a wonderful family with great parents and siblings.  I married into another great family, and I often brag about my in-laws.  I love doing shoots where I get to see the love of an extended family.  What is funny to me is how separate families can seem to be so different from one another, but when you put them all together, they fit together like the pieces of a puzzle.  




I commented earlier how RJ has such a great personality.  His son, Robert, is just like him!  So funny - and so full of charm!


My children love their Papa and Nana from both sides.  During this shoot the grandkids were connected to their Grandmother and Grandfather and the bond that they have was very clear!





The features of these children were absolutely adorable.  From Ruby's red hair to each and every smile, they were definitely easy subjects to shoot!  





This last picture is one of my favorite pictures that I've taken to date.  You always see those pictures of siblings where one is smiling and one looks miserable.  As the poor little baby cries, big sister can't help but feel miserable too!  I love it!  


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment