Sunday, October 12, 2014

Gabby LeRette - Class of 2015

As a teacher, there are students who come into the classroom and brighten up the room.  These students are ones who, when the days get a little rough, put smiles on the faces of teachers.  These students are ones who are respectful, kind, energetic, eager to learn, and a blessing.  These students are ones who make countless hours of grading, planning, and worrying well worth it.  Gabby LeRette is one of these students.








I remember knowing Gabby as a freshman simply because her mother taught with me.  I wasn't lucky enough to have her as a student, but just in passing she was someone who let off this energy that made me smile.  She was so sweet and kind.









I saw Gabby grow into a beautiful young woman over these past four years.  I think that we would all say High School has it's struggles.  Sometimes those struggles are in the classroom, sometimes they are in our personal lives, and sometimes they are simply the struggles of trying to find ourselves.  While I didn't have Gabby as a student, I could see those struggles at times.  I could see that sometimes she felt defeated, but I always saw her jump back from those minor set-backs that much stronger.










When I first met Gabby, I thought she was quiet and shy.  It didn't take me long to learn that if she thought something was funny, her laugh would fill a room and make everyone else around her laugh. If someone was hurting, she would be the first to check on them and rescue them.  If someone simply needed a friend, Gabby would be the first to step up whether she knew the person or not.







So, my reader may be asking why this has been in past tense up to this point.  Well, that was the Gabby that I knew her freshman, sophomore, and junior years.  Now, Gabby is a Senior.  I have FINALLY been blessed to have her in my class, and she is all of those things I listed before and more.  Gabby has a strong sense of Faith.  Faith guides her in all that she does and it's because of this that she is the young woman she is today.









Beautiful, kind-hearted, sweet, encouraging, supportive, vibrant, energetic, hilarious, intelligent, driven, dedicated, faithful....I could sit her all day and write nothing but positive things about Gabby. Gabby is someone that I will hate to see graduate because her smile is infectious and her sweet nature is inspiring.







Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment