Friday, January 31, 2014

Celia Jane Carlson

Celia Jane Carlson was born Thursday, January 23, 2014 at 2:34 p.m.!  She weighed 8 lbs 11 ounces and was 21.25 inches long.  What do I like best about Celia?  She is punctual!  She was born ON her due date!  How often does that really happen?  Introducing...Celia!




First of all, this family is so precious.  Anne has become a great friend to me since I started at Streator 6 years ago and Kenny has fallen into the father role VERY well to his two, beautiful girls.  I remember going to see Harper as a newborn and I have no doubts she will be a great Big Sister!



So, I asked Anne awhile ago if I could practice some newborn shots when Celia arrived.  At that time I had yet to do any newborn shoots.   Flash forward to now and I have done a few, but I have yet to experience a newborn shoot where a baby actually sleeps...and Celia was no exception.




Before I arrived I got a text from Anne that Celia had been sleeping all day and she didn't know if she should wake her up to feed her or just let her sleep.  A few minutes before I arrived...Celia woke up.  And she was hungry!  So, Anne fed her.  And then she was hungry again.  So, Anne fed her.

I LOVE crying babies!  I really do...when they're not mine!

I was able to sneak a shot here and there, but she rarely, if ever, actually drifted off to sleep.  She just wanted to have some girl talk with her grandmas!  For Anne to be able to put her down without Celia wanting to eat we had to work magic.   You might wonder what magic could possibly be worked with a newborn.  Anne's mom, Jane, stood there with the hair dryer on.  The noise instantly calmed Celia down and she was in a daze!  She never actually fell asleep, but she gave me a good 10 minutes to try and capture her beauty.




I often see these shots of newborns who are propped all cute and sleeping peacefully.  I know this takes extra hands to hold the head, prop the chin, and photo shop.  YouTube it...it takes a lot of magic to get the babies looking that way!  When I figure out how to do that I'll let all of you pregnant moms know.  But, until then, I will continue to capture newborns the best way I know how.  After all - this is simply a hobby for me.






Welcome to the world Celia Jane!  And congratulations to Anne, Kenny, and Harper!





Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment