Monday, December 2, 2013

The Elston Family - Near and Dear to My Heart

I’m sure we can all remember back to our childhood and think of a time spent with family.  When I think back to my childhood, many of my fondest memories are of times with my cousins.  My Cousin Phil and I grew up together.  Maybe you’ve heard of the cheesy quote, “Cousins are childhood playmates that grow up to be forever friends.”  As cheesy as that quote may be, I feel it’s true for Phil and I.  Although we both now live many miles away, it’s always nice when we are able to see each other.  



I love this picture because it shows a true family.  A 3-year old saying, "mommy, mommy, mommy," a mother trying to appease her child, a father thinking, "Oh Lord!" and an infant just hanging out;)


Many years ago, when Phil was going to school, I remember him speaking of this girl named Emily.  From the way he spoke, I wasn’t too convinced that she felt the same way he did.  I knew my cousin would make some girl very lucky one day, as he is quite the gentleman.  They finally said “I do” and we were very lucky to welcome Emily into our family. 

Fast forward to baby time!  Emily and Phil had their first born just 3 days after our little Tyler was born! Nick is full of energy and spunk…he is a BOY!  After our photo session this past weekend I knew that Phil and Emily have their hands full.  How did I know??? Well, we also have a 3-year-old boy!  And sometimes…they can be NUTS!  Of course, I know neither of us would trade it for anything in the world.  







Fast forward again and Emily and Phil welcome Emma Rose to the family.  She is an absolute beauty.  Her dark eyes, her dark hair, and her precious little smile are enough to melt anyone’s heart.  








As I said before, Phil and I grew up very close.  When I used to beat him up as a child (yep - that’s right - I beat him up), I never guessed that this is where we would be many years down the road.  We may only see each other once a year now when they come home, but the short amount of time we spend together is always very precious to me!  





Until next time…

1 comment: