Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Chloe Ludkowski is Born...and Logan Turns 3 (Soon)

This past week I had the pleasure of helping the Ludkowski family welcome Baby Chloe.  She is absolutely precious. 






I’ve been taking pictures for about 9 months now.  Last Fall I had the pleasure of photographing the Martin side of Shaina’s family.  I was afforded the opportunity to take Shaina’s maternity pictures this past Winter.  And finally, I had the extreme pleasure in taking pictures of the perfect little family.  The Ludkowski family is now a family of four!





I was greeted at the door by Big Brother, Logan.  The first time I met Logan for pictures, he was less than interested.  The second time I wanted him to kiss his momma’s belly.  Once again - he was less than interested.  This time, I showed up and he was ready to take me to see his toys.  He had been practicing his smile, and he was ready...I thought...to go!




After seeing that Logan was finally warmed up to me (3rd time's a charm) I thought he might be ready to pose with his sister.  It’s pretty normal to take pictures of newborns in the nude.  Well, Logan wasn’t really a fan of that.  It was sweet how he was so anxious to hold and hug his baby sister, and it was hilarious how quickly he would give that up because of her lack of clothing.  








Throughout the shoot Logan thought he wanted to be in pictures...when it came time to be in front of the camera, he changed his mind.  He reminded me of a handsome little photobomber . I would take a picture, and before I knew it, he would be flying in front of the camera.  He is an absolute crack-up! 




Once I was done with the family and Baby Chloe, I took Logan to the Train Depot. I want to insert a side-note here.  Mikey always claims that pictures are not his forte, but after watching him with Logan and Chloe I could tell that he was in his comfort zone.  He, as he always has been, was a pro! And Shaina - it doesn't matter how chaotic things may get, she takes it all in stride. I loved her ability to laugh when she got pooped on - after all, it won't be the last time!










Logan was thrilled to ride with me to the Train Depot and he was a champ.  He was not bashful, he was not upset, he was not avoiding the camera.  He became Mr. Logan - the 3-year-old Model Man of the Year.  He was adorable!  








The best part was when a train came.  He went from pure fear in his eyes as the horns blared, to extremely excited as he saw the train cars passing.  He started to run, and jump, and shout, and it was such a perfect moment to snap shots of him.  After the initial excitement he sat there, thrilled by the monotonous tone of the train on the railway.  And before you knew it, we were done!  










Shortly after the session, I received a message from Shaina that Logan wanted me to come over and cookout with him.  He’s my new little friend and when mother nature decides to treat us nicely, I will follow through with the promise.  Of course I’ll request Baby Chloe snuggles as well!  

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment