Thursday, May 8, 2014

Alivia Says Good-Bye to St. Michaels and Hello to SHS!

I met Alivia a few years ago through our neighbors.  I believe she was in 6th or 7th grade at that time and I remember thinking how sweet she was.






We once went to dinner with our neighbors, and they brought Jenny and Brian along (Alivia's parents).  We had a great time and I loved to hear about their kids and their interests.  I knew that Alivia was into volleyball and as I continued to see her over the next couple of years, she definitely looked like a volleyball player to me (if I can stereotype that is).








This year I had the opportunity to see Alivia when St. Michaels put on their  production of Annie.  Alivia played Grace Farrell and did a great job.  She was comfortable on stage and she truly shined in that role.  While I've known Alivia as an athlete all the years before, I truly think that she could successfully play any role that was offered to her.









During this photo shoot I got to realize that Alivia is still the sweet girl that I met a few years back.  She plans to attend Streator High School next year and she has hopes of playing volleyball and softball.  Right now, she's keeping herself busy with club volleyball.








I think it's a concern for any mother when their little girl enters high school.  After all, high school is a huge transition.  I told Jenny that I have no doubts Alivia will do just fine.  Personally, I know she will do more than just fine.  My advice to parents is this - if you encourage your child to make the right decisions, make the right friends, and make good choices, there will be nothing for the parent to worry about.  While the child may stumble a time or two, those who have a strong foundation, as Alivia does, will always be able to get right back up.





Good luck at SHS Alivia!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment