Monday, September 9, 2013

Our Little Golfer, Tyler, Turns 3!!!

For many of you that know our story, you know that we lost our little Ethan Robert on October 9, 2009.  I never could have guessed that not even a year later, our family would be blessed with a little boy that absolutely melts our hearts and fills a part of that void that we felt in losing Ethan every day.  Ethan was born on 10/9/9.  Tyler was born on 9/10/10.  Quite a coincidence huh?

So, every year I start getting ideas for birthday parties at least 6 months in advance.  There is nothing I love more than going all out for my little ones.  This year, Tyler chose a Toy Story Birthday.  I have to give a big THANK YOU to Ella for putting together all of the decorations for the tables!








I always order shirts for Ella and Tyler to match the theme of their parties.  I have to admit - I dropped the ball on that one this time.  With that being said, Tyler picked out a very stylish outfit.  As you'll see, he was sporting navy blue dress shorts, a plaid shirt (which he insisted on leaving unbuttoned), and a cowboy hat like Woody wears!  Let's not forget the Woody slipper/boots that he also chose to wear for a portion of the party!




We had a few props that were Toy Story related for entertainment purposes.  They doubled as a photo booth of sorts...







Present time is always a favorite, and as always, Tyler was very spoiled by our closest family and friends.  From bedroom furniture, to airplanes, to new golf clubs - he surely was one lucky boy!  




We went to Steve's Bakery this year for the cake.  We have never ordered from there - but I must say that the cake was a HIT!  It looked great and tasted even better!



The rest of the evening was spent playing with all of his new toys.  He golfed and golfed and golfed.  This kid really has a talent!  He got a new glove, and Nana West made him a "Tyler Made" towel for his golf bag.  That night he slept with the golf clubs, he hasn't stopped playing with his new Planes toy, he has shot me in the eye with his Superman Utility Belt, he hides in his Thomas the Train tent, and when he's tired from doing all of that - he sleeps in his new Full-Sized bed!



(I LOVE THE OPEN SHIRT HERE!  HAPPY GILMORE ANYONE?)



I was always told that boys are different than girls.  Ella would sit and read or play with Barbies for hours.  Tyler will play golf, baseball, basketball, ride his bike, or run for hours.  As exhausted as we may get on any given night - this little man is the light of my life and I know how blessed I am to be able to kiss him goodnight.  




Happy 3rd Birthday Tyler Harrison Park!  We love you to the moon and back!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment