Monday, August 12, 2013

To make sure I am making myself flexible as a photographer, I thought it was important to try and get some Senior Pictures under my belt.  I had a great volunteer and we had a blast during the session!

As a teacher there are always those students that leave a lasting impression.  Emily is definitely one of those people.  When I had her as a freshman she walked in with a smile on her face I rarely see her without one!




 Emily has the type of personality that is admirable in anybody!   She's kind and sweet and her vibrant personality shows in everything that she does.




 During this particular photo session she was a natural.  We had many moments that were comical, from creepy people watching her out their windows to being attacked by dogs.  She never lost focus.  As a photographer I love when my "subjects" can give me sassy and sweet all at the same time.  You'll be able to tell from the following pictures that Emily is the perfect blend of sweet and sassy!





 I remember when Emily was coming into High School.  I have a friend that teaches at Northlawn and she told me how Emily was a great student and just an all around good person.  When I had her I was impressed by her ability to be a driven student and successful in the extracurriculars that she participated in.  When she's on the dance floor she demands attention and while on the softball field she is a force to be reckoned with.





 Since Emily was my first Senior Session I told her that it might take us awhile.  She was a trooper the entire time!  She filled me in on spots that would be beautiful and she went along with anything that I wanted to try.  It's amazing the number of beautiful places around Streator if you look for them!  What's even better than beautiful scenery is when you add a beautiful person (inside and out) to the mix.






There are always those students that  you're sad to see go when you're a teacher.  I've had a few of those individuals in the past and Emily is definitely going to be one of them.  From her infectious smile to her generous and lively personality - I hope you enjoy taking a walk with Emily!  




Many thanks to Annie Richards and family for allowing us to use their property!  A great big thank you to Gail Walker for the water, letting us use your property, and Austin Walker for helping with the chair!  Thanks to Lydia Kirk for being Emily's assistant in her many wardrobe changes and Kelly Coons for helping us with some locked doors!

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what's better, the phenomenal pictures or the creative comments. Either way, nicely done, ladies!

    ReplyDelete