Friday, August 9, 2013

A Brother and Sister's Love

I met Hope and Griffin in 2005 when I took my first teaching job at Henry-Senachwine High School.  Their mother, Rita, was my mentor and is now a very close friend.  When I first met them they were little and I remember always thinking to myself that they were absolutely adorable.  As you can see, they've continued to grow into beautiful/handsome children.



When I first met Hope, she was about 2 years old.  Rita used to coach the Dance Team and I coached Cheerleading so we spent a lot of time together between practices and games.  She always had the kids with her and Hope was always such a beautiful, outgoing, and vibrant little girl.  






Griffin was on-the-go a little more than Hope was.  He was always running around with his friends at the games and looking up to his dad, Steve, who was the coach of the Mallards.  





As the two of them have grown older, they've become interested in many things.  I've always looked up to their mother because she can do it all.  She's by far one of the most dedicated and committed teachers I've ever met.  Any student that has ever had her would agree with me.  Her calendar is always full, as is her husband's, and they've instilled this same drive into their children.   





I hesitate to include these next images because Griffin is wearing a Cardinal's jersey.  For the sake of his handsomeness, I'll put my prejudices aside.  






As I've said, I knew these two very well when they were little.  I taught in Henry for 3 years and became very close to their family.  I left Henry in 2008 and although I stay in touch and still get over there to see them - I'm not able to watch them grow up as much as I may like.  SO, I had to ask Rita how they got along when I was asked to take their pictures.  She said it's hit or miss.  Sometimes they bicker and sometimes they get along.  I think it's safe to say that any brother/sister relationship is like that.  









It was GREAT to be able to take these pictures.  I got to spend time with the kids and with Rita which was awesome!  You can see in these pictures the personalities of two adorable children.  Hope was able to show me a sassiness that is nothing but awesome when a photographer is taking pictures!  Griffin was a normal boy and did what I asked him to do - but as you can see - he's got a smile that is simply handsome.  

Until next time...





1 comment:

  1. LOVE the pictures Tiffany! Funny how I say the same about you and your energy and passion for teaching. I miss you at HSHS but I am very grateful for our continued friendship!

    ReplyDelete